Importing Scripts from Email (Pro Version only)
In the Mail app, select the email that contains an attached script file (ASTX, FDX, XAV, or TXT). Press and HOLD on the attached file to reveal additional options in a popup container. Select the option "Open in Elite Prompter."
Importing Scripts from MS Word using Copy & Paste (Pro Version only)
iPadís built-in Copy and Paste function allows you to import text from a variety of file sources including MS Word, Pages, HTML and a variety of different apps including Safari, Google Drive, and the Pages app. You can even import text from OCR enabled PDF documents (PDFs that allow you to highlight and select its text).
1. Send yourself an email and include your MS Word document (.doc or .docx) as an email attachment. Then open your email within the Mail app on your iPad.
2. While in iPad's Mail app, tap on the attached MS Word document to preview it.
3. While in this preview mode, hold down on any text on screen then release your finger to reveal the Copy function.
4. Press and drag the blue highlight dot to the very top of the screen until the entire document is highlighted. Then press Copy.
5. Open the Elite Prompter app, tap on the [+] icon and tap on the Create Script button
6. Tap on the blank edit page once to enable the keyboard and then tap, hold and release until you see the "Paste" function.
7. Tap on the Paste function once to import your script from your MS Word document. Finally, donít forget to name your script and save it.
NOTE: This same approach can be repeated for other document formats or within other apps on your iPad.
Setting up Elite Prompter to work with Apple TV
With an Apple TV, you can wireless send your teleprompting session from your iPad to your Apple TV!
1. Make sure that your iPad and Apple TV are connected to the same WiFi (wireless internet) network. For best performance, please ensure that both devices receive a strong WiFi signal.
2. Enable AirPlay on your Apple TV by going to Settings -> AirPlay and set AirPlay to "On".
3. Enable AirPlay Mirror on your iPad by double pressing on your iPad's home button to reveal the multitask footer bar. Swipe left on the footer bar to access your multimedia controls. Tap on the AirPlay icon, select Apple TV and turn on Mirroring.
4. After you have completed these steps, your TV will mirror your iPad.
5. When you open Elite Prompter, your Apple TV display will read "Ready for Prompting." Now when you start your teleprompting session, your Apple TV display will teleprompt alongside your iPad.
You also have the ability to text flip either on the Apple TV display and/or your iPad's display (see Prompter Settings